3rd RuleML Doctoral Consortium
The RuleML 2013 Doctoral Consortium is an initiative of the International Symposium on Rules,
RuleML, to attract and promote Ph.D. research.
The doctoral symposium offers to students a close contact with leading experts on the field,
as well as the opportunity to present and discuss their ideas in a dynamic and friendly setting.
The accepted thesis descriptions will be presented to an interested audience and subject to
discussion with a panel of senior researchers, and we expect submissions on any (but not limited to) of this year's RuleML2013 topics.
Students are invited to submit an original description of their work addressing the following aspects:
- A clear formulation of the research question.
- An identification of the significant problems in the field of research.
- An outline of the current knowledge of the problem domain, as well as the state of existing solutions.
- A presentation of any preliminary ideas, the proposed approach and the results achieved so far.
- A sketch of the applied research methodology.
- A description of the Ph.D. project's contribution to the problem solution.
- A discussion of how the suggested solution is different, new, or better as compared to
existing approaches to the problem.
Submission deadline for demo papers and demo systems: May 24th, 2013 23:59 UTC-12
Notification of accepted demo papers and demo systems: June 7th, 2013
Camera-ready deadline: June 21st, 2013
RuleML-2013 dates: July 11-13, 2013
Thesis descriptions are limited to 8 pages in English using
and submitted electronically in PDF format jointly with a maximum 5 page CV.
Please submit to: http://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=ruleml2013consortium
If you have no EasyChair account, then you should sign up for an account at
RuleML 2013 Doctoral Consortium Chairs
Monica Palmirani, CIRSFID-University of Bologna, Italy
Davide Sottara, Arizona State University, USA